Welcome to the blog site of All Souls, Umhlali

We are an Anglican Church situated on the Dolphin Coast,
north of Durban in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa.

We are about start building a new church
this blog will tell the story as it unfolds.

Please travel with us as a Follower and support us
your prayers and encouragement would be most welcome.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

21st June 2010 - A phone call from the Bishop

Bishop Rubin called this morning.
He has asked me to fax the signed undertakings to him and assured me that they will be ‘for his eyes only’.
He also would like me to fax a copy of the schedule of fees we received from the Municipality.
He agrees that the submission to the Municipality must happen as soon as possible as he wants us to get going as soon as possible. When the plans and submission documents are ready I must take them to his home and he will sign them. (John Cook tells me that Angela’s office will only have them ready by Thursday, so I will arrange to see Bishop Rubin on Friday).
Bishop Rubin explained to me why it was that the Trustees needed to have assurances regarding the financing of the project – citing cases where parishes had failed in their building projects through a lack of funds.

We finished the conversation confirming that I would send him the documents and take him the submission documents and plans for his signature. I asked him whether the delegation would still be necessary, and he said that he did not think so, repeating that he wants the project to go ahead as soon as possible.

No comments: